slow cooked kombucha bbq beef
Kombucha tea adds a full body richness that ratchets up the character of this simple southern classic. Great as an open faced sandwich.
- 1 pound beef (for stew)
- 1 cup Basic Black Tea Kombucha
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup frozen Lima beans
- sliced white bread
- If meat is not already cubed, cut into 1 inch squares. Place meat in crock pot. In a bowl, mix kombucha, 1/2 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce, and the brown sugar. Pour mixture over meat and cook on low setting for 8-10 hours.
- Use two forks to shred meat. Add remaining half cup of barbecue sauce, black beans, and Lima beans and stir to mix. Turn crock pot temperature to high and cook 30 minutes more.
- Serve over sliced bread. Cover with additional barbecue sauce, if desired.