kombucha teriyaki chicken with bok choy
The depth and flavor complexity of kombucha complements most Asian-inspired dishes and this simple stir fry teriyaki is no exception.
- 1 lb chicken
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 large or 2 medium heads bok choy, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Kombucha Vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Cooked rice, for serving
- Combine soy sauce, kombucha vinegar, brown sugar, and 3 tablespoons water. Set aside.
- Slice chicken into small cubes or strips. In a medium bowl, toss chicken with cornstarch until all surfaces are well coated.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat oil, garlic, and ginger over medium-high heat about 1 minute. Add sesame seeds and cook for 1 minute more, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken in a single layer. For best results, use a grill press to add pressure and quickly sear the chicken.
- Stir regularly and cook until lightly browned on all sides and cooked through, 6-8 minutes.
- Add bok choy, stirring, until leaves just start to wilt, about 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce mixture and cook over medium heat until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Serve over rice. Mix together salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, cayenne, and brown sugar. Add kombucha and mix well.